Saturday, January 13, 2018

Butuan Street Portrait 2018 #1: Skylab Photography

Photo was taken with Fuji Xe1+ Samyang 12 mm



It's Saturday, January 13. I was supposed to be at the Philippine Port Authority (PPA) early in the morning if I had decided last night to join a photo contest. I only made the decision to at least take some photos of the Fluvial parade that was supposed to take place at 4 in the morning at 8 am. 

As expected, there were no boats, no parade, no people in Agusan river that I could see at 10am when I finally got there. Hilarious. There were college students (probably) playing volleyball in the PPA grounds though. I could've taken their photos sure, but I wasn't in a street portrait or street photography frame of mind that time. I was overcome with shyness that sometimes paralyzes me especially when I'm taking street photos. 

I thought that since I was there I hoped I could take at least one photo that I could use for my blog today. When I went back to the car I saw this guy drove in with his "skylab." (To those who don't know, we call motorcycles attached with wings-  able to carry passengers or various pieces of luggage (or boxes of beer), skylab.) And voila, a lightbulb figuratively flashed and I immediately asked the skylab pilot if I can take a photo of him. He nodded (Wow, I couldn't believe it) so  I took his photo quickly with the camera I still was holding. He drove off the moment he saw me put down my camera. I didn't get the chance to ask him questions, ask his name or to ask for more photos. But-- I'm so glad I overcame my shyness and just asked! I got my photo of the day, the first street portrait of this blog for the year and most of all I didn't waste the time I could've done studying with this photo! :D Thank you, sir, for agreeing to be my model for today.

There is a photo contest for the Kahimunan Festival, the fluvial parade was supposed to be one of the activities to be included in the said contest. Click this facebook link for more information.






No comments:

Photoblogs - Top Blogs Philippines Add to Google blogarama - the blog directory Places Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Add to Technorati Favorites Philippines Directory