Sunday, January 14, 2018

RTR: Tagnote Falls

Tagnote Falls





It's January, I forget how rainy it is usually. It's gray outside. The usually vivid blue skies are light, faded blue. Someone must've fiddled with the clarity, shadows and blacks in the photo editor of the universe- or something.

Anyway, I'm posting an opposite of the weather outside. This photo was taken in RTR (Remedios T. Romualdez), a municipality in Agusan del Norte, Philippines. This falls is called Tagnote falls. I don't know what it means or if it has a meaning. I will update this blog if I come across any information on that.

If you're living in Butuan (most of the reader I assume are), you're lucky that you are in the vicinity of this small yet beautiful falls. It's accessible due to fully concretized roads from the highway going directly to the falls. This is in contrast to the previous waterfalls I've been to where I had to traverse deep, and violent rivers, rappel down from craggy mountains and ride an unharnessed stallion to reach them. Reaching this waterfall (if you come from nearby municipalities) is a breeze.

Driving the narrow, winding, one-lane road is very relaxing. The view is pleasant with the backdrop of yet unnamed mountain (help me with this please) in front of you. 


There is an entrance fee when you enter this tourist spot. It's a local 
government- managed- and- funded so try and not grumble too much because it'll really help with the maintenance of this place.

Alas, all is not perfect in the land of waterfalls. I have one major grievance with Tagnote falls management. The restrooms although well built aren't clean. Or at least it was the last time I used the facilities. All stalls in the female cubicles were filthy. Yuck. If you go there I hope they did something about it if not you can always hold it in until you reach home.

The photo on the right is posted to show you how blue the skies usually are in the Philippines. 

Below is the swimming pool built near the falls. I think the water supply comes from the falls itself. I haven't tried swimming there myself because every time I go there my companions were being such killjoys. They wouldn't go swimming with me.

I hear that RTR has a lot of waterfalls. I can't wait to discover them all. Help me by hiring me please as a private nurse or a photographer. Or if you can't, you can help me out by visiting my blog often and sharing it with your (our) friends-- or you can use the donate button posted below the page.

Photos were taken using Fuji Xe1 + 27mm

Tagnote Falls Swimming Pools

No comments:

Photoblogs - Top Blogs Philippines Add to Google blogarama - the blog directory Places Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Add to Technorati Favorites Philippines Directory