Friday, January 12, 2018

Historya by Antigo


Last year my friends invited me to have coffee and chika (chat) at this new place in Marcos Calo, Butuan City called Historya by Antigo. We had this dessert called Arroz Turrones. It's basically a fried "elongated" sticky rice dessert (usually encased in a banana leaf) topped with vanilla ice cream. My mother usually fries her budbod so it wasn't an unusual thing for me- but for my friends it was. Since it's served with ice cream- the experience was enhanced two-fold. Anyway, we ordered different menu from last time. I just wanted to tell you what are some of the food they offer. They offer an elevated art form of some of the local delicacies, with a twist. 


Last Monday I ordered Banana-Mango smoothie and my friends ordered Bottarga pasta and Antigo's mom salad. We enjoyed the food that we shared. I'm not a practiced foodie blogger but all I know is that I enjoyed everything. I loved the banana- mango smoothie, it made me want to try all the smoothies on the menu. It's not too sweet and I tasted the full banana flavor mixed with a hint of the sweetness of mango. 


I'm not a big salad eater too- although I was the one who suggested we order one (New year's resolution everyone!). My friends said they should've used a different kind of lettuce. In the end, we still finished everything anyway.

If you haven't been by Historya by Antigo Cafe you should come and drop by. The ambiance is great. There are locally sourced ancient relics and art as decor. It shares its business with a flower shop. You can just imagine how homey yet chic everything is.
Photos taken using Fuji Xe 1, Samyang 12 mm



No comments:

Photoblogs - Top Blogs Philippines Add to Google blogarama - the blog directory Places Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Add to Technorati Favorites Philippines Directory