Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Palabok from Jollibee

Palabok


The first time I tried eating Palabok at Jollibee (I think it was either at CDO or Iligan) I was instantly turned off. It was salty. How salty? It's like eating rock salt. That's how bad it was. Since then I haven't eaten Palabok in any Jollibee outlets until a couple of years from that first time.

In between those times I longed for palabok at Red Apple here in Butuan and palabok at Tree Garden. I thought that Jollibee's palabok was intentionally that awful. I am glad that I gave Jollibee a chance and tried their orange colored noodles again.

This post is dedicated to my friend Annie Marie for introducing me to this food and making me love it. :)

I searched the net and found these recipes if you are curious. Seasite, Philippinecountry.com, Pinoymix.com.

4 comments:

witsandnuts said...

I love Jollibee's palabok more than the jolly spaghetti. Whenever I'm on vacation there, I always order palabok with chickenjoy. :)

Layrayski said...

there's a place in my heart for the two of them for me witsandnuts hehehe I love em both :) yes palabok is so yummy no?

arabesque said...

that looks scrumptious,^0^
i have to agree, i gave up on Jolibee's palabok awhile back, but now, they;ve surprisingly improved.

ps: do try red ribbon's, yummy din. ^0^

Layrayski said...

Wow really? I thought it was just an aberration that time. I'll try red ribbon's palabok when I get the chance. Thanks for the heads up, Arabesque :)

Photoblogs - Top Blogs Philippines Add to Google blogarama - the blog directory Places Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Add to Technorati Favorites Philippines Directory