Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Istambay sa Baybayon


The first resort that we went to was at Veranda Beach Resort. The hotel was fine, unfortunately, my family bemoaned the fact that there was nothing to do in Veranda. The beach is rocky and the sea wasn't very inviting. I remember Carmen as a beautiful albeit rugged place. I knew Carmen is more than what we were seeing. So I looked around for local people to ask. Then I saw this group of guys standing around in the beach. It was low tide. They looked like tiny specks of people in the horizon. They were that far.




The first thing I asked when I got to where they were was what the heck they were doing. I thought they were looking for shells, or whatever sea creatures they were hunting for.

I found out that they were just enjoying the weather and the low tide with their kinilaw (raw fresh fish dish) and tuba (local wine made from sap of palm tree).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love all the pictures you've been posting lately. They are gorgeous and make me want to go on vacation.

I know I haven't been commenting lately, just lurking. I just want you to know I'm still here.

;)

Anonymous said...

very nice ly... the way u took them a pic they look like models hahaha

Kayni said...

those guys are enjoying the good life. i'd like to taste tuba one of these days.

Layrayski said...

tammie-- hi! Don't worry-- lurk away! hehe and thanks =)

annie-- hhihi bitaw anne, they looked like they're posing, no?

kayni-- you said it! I have tasted it once and I think I didn't have the liking for it. maybe in another time I could have a go again and I'll see if it gets better. =)

Photoblogs - Top Blogs Philippines Add to Google blogarama - the blog directory Places Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Add to Technorati Favorites Philippines Directory