Thursday, June 12, 2008

Philippine Independence Day


Photo taken at Butuan Rizal park (the Plaza)

I find that doing this Butuan blog brought back the inner child in me. The inner child that I consider the pure, concentrated, distilled, me.

That statue is of our Philippine National Hero, Jose Rizal. To those people who aren't familiar with Philippine history you might want to get to know about this great man.

I'm sure there's a reason why I took Rizal's back with the gigantic flag floating mightily in the wind. Its probably something deep and intellectual.

I hope you don't mind but I've been playing with a new photo image editing software that somebody recommended on multiply.com. It's called photoscape. It's free! isn't that fantastic? I added a vignette to the photo to make it look like a lomo photo.

Happy Independence day, Philippines!

3 comments:

Hilda said...

Hahaha, we've exactly the same post title today. But my photo is so much more irreverent than yours. ;-)

I think it's a great shot, by the way.

Layrayski said...

Haha I'll check yours out and see. Oh and thanks Hilda :)

Hilda said...

I forgot to point you to my other blog, Happy at Home, where I have a post which says, more than the photo for CDP, what I really think about our Independence Day. If you care to, then take a look. It's a very short read.

Good morning! Friday na!!!!!! ;-)

Photoblogs - Top Blogs Philippines Add to Google blogarama - the blog directory Places Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Add to Technorati Favorites Philippines Directory