Sunday, August 5, 2018

My Little Story of Triumph



Starting at 4 in the morning, athletes and organizers started to congregate at Butuan City Hall for 2018 Butuan Half Marathon event. There were three running categories namely: 21 K, 10 K, and 5K. I joined the 5k run of which I was setting my eyes out for so long. 

For the first time since 2016 (or maybe 2015), I was able to run. One day before I attempted to jog was walk for a couple of minutes barefoot on the beach. Maybe it was the "grounding" therapy or maybe it was just time (mostly grounding therapy, I think) that helped alleviate some of the pain I was feeling in the balls of my feet. Right after my barefoot walking in the sand it was amazing to me how I was able to jog after. I attempted to jog a couple of times before but every time I step my foot in a jog, it felt like my feet will break each time. It was that painful.

It was just a simple 5 K run but for me, it marks an important goal that I was aiming for, for so long. 

Congrats to all those who joined the Butuan Half Marathon and congratulations to the organizers! It was a successful event! Well organized! The t-shirts and the medals were designed beautifully. Thank you!

But there was one thing that was still something that happened regarding the runners who were there earlier. Some of these people still couldn't understand basic courtesy and have no concern for our surroundings. Next time throw the paper cups in the proper receptacles! Dili unta mo magbinilasa. Even with the reminder, people were still are throwing used cups wherever. Lami kaayo kusi-on. 

No comments:

Photoblogs - Top Blogs Philippines Add to Google blogarama - the blog directory Places Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Add to Technorati Favorites Philippines Directory