Sunday, January 21, 2018

Viva Pit Senyor!

Kahimunan. Photo taken by Xe1+ Samyang 12 mm

Today is the Kahimunan festival. It's an event in Butuan where we celebrate the feast of Sto. Nino usually by dancing in the streets, listening mass at Sto. Nino Diocesan Shrine, yelling "Pit Senyor!"


Kahimunan. Photo taken by Xe1+ Samyang 12 mm
 There are a lot of activities leading to the culmination of Kahimunan festival like a fluvial parade in Agusan River, different kinds of parades and other activities.

Kahimunan. Photo taken by Xe1+ Samyang 12 mm
Today was the first time I've ever experienced Kahimunan. Sad to say because it was amazing. It was fun. Full of colorful whirling dancers chanting their chants. 

I wanted to complain about the rain,  the mud, and my unpreparedness but I saw how the young un's dancing enthusiastically barefoot in the concrete, mud, snow, and sleet and I know I'm a wimp if I do. So I'm not writing about my woes and just post photos from my second ever photography contest! Thank you Fotografia Inc., for hosting this year's awesome bonding moments for photographers.


No comments:

Photoblogs - Top Blogs Philippines Add to Google blogarama - the blog directory Places Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Add to Technorati Favorites Philippines Directory