Friday, May 22, 2009

Langihan Lagoon

Photobucket


Looking at this body of water makes me hopeful. You can understand me when I say that because this used to be a "dumping site" by people selling/living along the lagoon.

Now you can stroll along the sidewalk without without wrinkling your nose in disgust. What a drastic change it is! But- There's a big but. There are beginnings of deterioration. Junks are collecting at the sides and it makes me furious. People really needs to understand the importance of cleanliness! (and I mentioned something about hope!)

Photo taken: May 21, 2009. Late afternoon.

8 comments:

Hilda said...

After all that hard work of cleaning it up, it's getting dumped on again?! Awful. But who am I to talk? The Pasig River is in even worse shape!

Ach. Now you're the one who's giving me a stroke… It's stories like this (and mine!) that almost make me want to follow all my siblings abroad. What a country! :'(

laagan said...

Hope will always be there. I think Butuan's local government should conduct more environment awareness projects to make people realize its importance

Layrayski said...

Hi Hilda, I think topics like these gets us pretty emotional, huh? Maybe I'm hoping that people will see the beauty in the environment and take the necessary care to preserve it.

Laagan--Thank you for your thoughtful reply. =)

VP said...

Sorry for this beautiful stretch of water (and so well photographed). Do not believe that here is much better: people try to dump everything everyhere...

Layrayski said...

Vogon Poet--It is really sorry. But I still hold some some hope that this beautiful lagoon will be even more beautiful in the future. Thank you for the comment about the photo, I appreciate it very much =) (I screwed up the metering, I'm just happy it turned out okay.)

Vlado&Toni said...

yeah now i remember those attempts to save the pasig river, i wonder how that is doing?

escape said...

i really wish that it wont be like pasig river. you should take action.

Layrayski said...

I really should do something, you're right!

Photoblogs - Top Blogs Philippines Add to Google blogarama - the blog directory Places Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Add to Technorati Favorites Philippines Directory