Pancit Palabok--- a round rice noodle (often specifically labelled for pancit luglug or palabok) smothered with a thick, golden shrimp sauce or other flavored sauce, and topped with:
- Shrimp, (the size and shell-on or shell-off depending on preference)
- Crushed or ground pork rind (chicharron) for toppings
- Hard-boiled egg (sliced into disc or quartered lengthwise or chopped)
- tinapa flakes (smoked fish)
- freshly minced green onion
Palabok are a communal comfort food, and can be found at nearly all Filipino potluck parties. They are best made and eaten in batches for they are easily consumed. Wikipedia.
I haven't had the pleasure of eating at Tree Garden until today because my life takes me to a rather limited parts of the city. So today, I'm happy to do something new, courtesy of BDP's first guest photographer doc Anne (of the aerial photo of Butuan).